The great thing about the local church is that we are also part of a global church. One way we express this sense of belonging is through links we form with different people, projects and organisations committed to extending God’s kingdom locally, nationally and globally. We commit to support these through prayer, personal contact and financial giving.
Heather Clements leads the Mission Support Team. You can contact her through the Church Office (the mission e-mail address is currently unavailable).
These 8 principles guide our decisions on mission support:
- Mission support should be global as well as local (Global mission agencies; Global mission – specific projects; Local Mission)
- It should be well directed (limited to key partners) but reflect diversity of projects and partners – both geographically and thematically.
- Mission support should wherever possible be based on meaningful relationships.
- It is essential that there should be a “champion” within the church who can act as a contact point for each mission partner & be responsible for regular updates/literature etc
- Opportunities for mission feedback and input should be planned into the annual cycle of Sunday services.
- To start with (2014) we will aim to give 10% of our income to our mission partners
- Part of our mission giving should be set aside as a contingency fund – to be used to respond to emergency requests.
- Part of our mission giving should be set aside as a fund to support any of our church members engaging in short term mission.
This Month’s Mission focus is Church Mission Society (CMS) – Argentina.
Andrew & Maria Leake work with the Anglican Diocese of Northern Argentina on initiatives aimed at empowering indigenous groups to protect their forest from being destroyed to make way for agriculture and cattle.
Please pray for:
- Andrew’s trip to Africa, and for Maria as she stays home alone (with the seven hounds).
- For their search for a flat to rent for their daughter Carolina for the next two years in Cordoba (not an easy task!)
- For their son Tomas and other daughter Cecilia as they seek to define their next steps following graduation.
Please pray regularly for all our Mission partners.
For more details on each partner and their specific prayer needs click the links below, and/or look at our Mission wall beside the door to the creche.
Global Mission – specific projects:
- Women Worker’s Training Centre, Tamil Nadu (S.India) – vocational & community development
- Andrew & Maria Leake (CMS – N. Argentina) – land rights for indigenous people
- The Jerusalem & the Middle East Church Association (JMECA) – medical work in Gaza and Egypt
- The Sunflower Fellowship that funds Casa Valentin in Romania
Short Term Mission Fund