The great thing about the local church is that we are also part of a global church. One way we express this sense of belonging is through links we form with different people, projects and organisations committed to extending God’s kingdom locally, nationally and globally. We commit to support these through prayer, personal contact and financial giving.
Heather Clements leads the Mission Support Team. You can contact her through the Church Office (the mission e-mail address is currently unavailable).
These 8 principles guide our decisions on mission support:
- Mission support should be global as well as local (Global mission agencies; Global mission – specific projects; Local Mission)
- It should be well directed (limited to key partners) but reflect diversity of projects and partners – both geographically and thematically.
- Mission support should wherever possible be based on meaningful relationships.
- It is essential that there should be a “champion” within the church who can act as a contact point for each mission partner & be responsible for regular updates/literature etc
- Opportunities for mission feedback and input should be planned into the annual cycle of Sunday services.
- To start with (2014) we will aim to give 10% of our income to our mission partners
- Part of our mission giving should be set aside as a contingency fund – to be used to respond to emergency requests.
- Part of our mission giving should be set aside as a fund to support any of our church members engaging in short term mission.
This Month’s Mission focus is “Fleet and Crookham Churches Together in Schools” (FACCTS).
FACCTS works within the schools of Fleet and Church Crookham on behalf of the local churches. Their heart and passion is to share who Jesus is in our local schools and to serve the children and staff that attend them. They do this through providing schools work in various forms as well as helping to develop the relationship between local schools and the local churches. They have 3 paid school’s workers (Janis, Julie and Sam) and a whole host of volunteers going into local schools each week leading Lunch Clubs, being part of Open the Book teams, cooking for Bake through the Bible, helping with Outdoor Club etc etc.
Please include FACCTS in your prayers:
- Thank God for the success of the first Youth Alpha, run in the summer term. Pray that all the children:
– become part of one or other of the church youth groups
– continue to participate in the groups and Christian Unions that FACCTS runs in Calthorpe Park and Court Moor
– and are so changed through encountering God that others see that and want to know Jesus for themselves.
- Pray that the children chosen for Bake through the Bible at Crookham Infant School and Heatherside Infants and the Outdoor Club at Court Moor School are the ones who will most benefit.
- Pray that the FACCTS vision for a Sports / Football group at All Saints School for Year 6s will be favoured by the school and become a reality.
Please pray regularly for all our Mission partners.
For more details on each partner and their specific prayer needs click the links below, and/or look at our Mission wall beside the door to the creche.
Global Mission – specific projects:
- Women Worker’s Training Centre, Tamil Nadu (S.India) – vocational & community development
- Andrew & Maria Leake (CMS – N. Argentina) – land rights for indigenous people
- The Jerusalem & the Middle East Church Association (JMECA) – medical work in Gaza and Egypt
- The Sunflower Fellowship that funds Casa Valentin in Romania
Short Term Mission Fund