The great thing about the local church is that we are also part of a global church. One way we express this sense of belonging is through links we form with different people, projects and organisations committed to extending God’s kingdom locally, nationally and globally. We commit to support these through prayer, personal contact and financial giving.
Heather Clements leads the Mission Support Team. You can contact her through the Church Office.
These 8 principles guide our decisions on mission support:
- Mission support should be global as well as local (Global mission agencies; Global mission – specific projects; Local Mission)
- It should be well directed (limited to key partners) but reflect diversity of projects and partners – both geographically and thematically.
- Mission support should wherever possible be based on meaningful relationships.
- It is essential that there should be a “champion” within the church who can act as a contact point for each mission partner & be responsible for regular updates/literature etc
- Opportunities for mission feedback and input should be planned into the annual cycle of Sunday services.
- To start with (2014) we will aim to give 10% of our income to our mission partners
- Part of our mission giving should be set aside as a contingency fund – to be used to respond to emergency requests.
- Part of our mission giving should be set aside as a fund to support any of our church members engaging in short term mission.
This month’s Mission Focus is FACCTS.
FACCTS is a charity that works within the schools of Fleet and Church Crookham, on behalf of the local churches, to share who Jesus Christ and to serve the children and staff. This is done by a team of employees, plus many volunteers. Click here to see a short article showing the team, what they normally do, and what they have been doing over the past few months.
During this summer term they are:
- preparing monthly video assemblies for infant and junior schools and also (subject to confirmation from Court Moor) senior schools as well
- providing outdoor reflection spaces in a number of schools.
- hoping to deliver It’s Your Move class by class in all junior schools, but are updating last year’s video as back up.
- planning to run an Outdoor Club and a Year 8 CU at Court Moor
- hoping to resume staff coffee during the term (with team members).
- hoping to provide RE lessons at Elvetham Heath.
Please pray for:
- the team as they prepare all these things
- and that what they provide to bring the Christian faith alive to the children and staff
- the opportunities to be realised
- plus an opportunity to introduce the work of FACCTS to the new Head at Calthorpe Park School, and for us to be well received and for doors to open into the school as a result.
- the schools themselves. These remain challenging times for staff and pupils alike. May these schools be secure, safe places where the children grow academically, socially and spiritually.
Please pray regularly for all our Mission partners.
For more details on each partner and their specific prayer needs click the links below, and/or look at our Mission wall beside the door to the creche.
You can also download or print our Mission Prayer and Information Card to help in your prayer support – click here to access.
Global Mission – specific projects:
- Women Worker’s Training Centre, Tamil Nadu (S.India) – vocational & community development
- Andrew & Maria Leake (CMS – N. Argentina) – land rights for indigenous people
- The Jerusalem & the Middle East Church Association (JMECA) – medical work in Gaza and Egypt
- The Sunflower Fellowship that funds Casa Valentin in Romania
- Mothers Union – prison work in the UK
Short Term Mission Fund