The great thing about the local church is that we are also part of a global church. One way we express this sense of belonging is through links we form with different people, projects and organisations committed to extending God’s kingdom locally, nationally and globally. We commit to support these through prayer, personal contact and financial giving.
Heather Clements leads the Mission Support Team. You can contact her through the Church Office.
These 8 principles guide our decisions on mission support:
- Mission support should be global as well as local (Global mission agencies; Global mission – specific projects; Local Mission)
- It should be well directed (limited to key partners) but reflect diversity of projects and partners – both geographically and thematically.
- Mission support should wherever possible be based on meaningful relationships.
- It is essential that there should be a “champion” within the church who can act as a contact point for each mission partner & be responsible for regular updates/literature etc
- Opportunities for mission feedback and input should be planned into the annual cycle of Sunday services.
- To start with (2014) we will aim to give 10% of our income to our mission partners
- Part of our mission giving should be set aside as a contingency fund – to be used to respond to emergency requests.
- Part of our mission giving should be set aside as a fund to support any of our church members engaging in short term mission.
This month’s mission focus is Christians Against Poverty (CAP).
There’s always hope…
CAP centres across the UK are working hard to release families from grinding poverty through its high quality, award winning debt counselling and community groups. Poverty takes many forms – financial, relational, emotional and spiritual. By equipping and empowering local churches to reach out on their doorsteps, CAP brings hope to tens of thousands of people every year.
CAP addresses some of the most pressing social needs within society today: debt, dependencies and joblessness.
Please pray for this amazing, God-inspired ministry…
- that those in need will pluck up the courage to call CAP (the toll-free number is 0800 328 0006)
- that people will be inspired to get involved
- that God will bless CAP’s work
Please pray regularly for all our Mission partners.
For more details on each partner and their specific prayer needs click the links below, and/or look at our Mission wall beside the door to the creche.
You can also download or print our Mission Prayer and Information Card to help in your prayer support – click here to access.
Global Mission – specific projects:
- Women Worker’s Training Centre, Tamil Nadu (S.India) – vocational & community development
- Andrew & Maria Leake (CMS – N. Argentina) – land rights for indigenous people
- The Jerusalem & the Middle East Church Association (JMECA) – medical work in Gaza and Egypt
- The Sunflower Fellowship that funds Casa Valentin in Romania
Short Term Mission Fund