Our Youth Minister, Yener, runs a variety of activities for young people at Church on the Heath. The normal activities are described below (Information about activities for under 11’s can be found on our Children’s page).
During the current pandemic restrictions, we are only offering the following activities
- 1-2-1 Mentoring Yr7-Yr13 – Monday-Thursday 3-5pm
- Pre book 30min appointment with Yener
- Roots – Yr7-Yr13 – Sundays at 3:30pm – Zoom and Church alternate weeks
- Rooted – Yr7-yr10 – meetings in Church every week on Thursday 6-7pm. The sessions will include, game, activity, bible study and prayer.
- H.U.W (Holy United Warriors) – Yr11-Yr13 – a study group with meetings in Church every Wednesday 8-9pm.
Sunday mornings throughout the academic year for those in school years 7-12 (aged 11+). Lots of fun and a chance to learn more about God.
During the first morning service, the young people meet upstairs to the Youth Room for a session involving a variety of activities. These include a chance to get to know others through quick-fire icebreakers, a variety of games, a time for worship and prayer, and a short talk about a relevant topic focusing on a small bible passage.
Previous topics have included: Double life, Being a good influence, and Actions speak louder.
A variety of refreshments are also provided – apple and orange juice, brioche, and a selection of other snacks for those with food allergies or intolerances.
Those aged 15+ are welcome to arrive earlier to help set up and lead Roots which provides a new way to engage with the youth group. Tasks can include preparing the refreshments, organising the youth room, and readying an activity for the session each week.
Evening Youth Group:
VIBE happens every Wednesday evening during term time between 6pm-7pm for Year 7+. Free entry! Refreshments provided, plus Tuck Shop that sells sweets that Morrison’s doesn’t have!
We take over the whole church building for one hour:
- 45 mins of games + activities
- 10 mins craft or skill session
- 5 mins God Spot
Located at the Church on the Heath; hosted by CotHY Ministry
Older youth (years 9 – 13, aged 15+) can volunteer to help lead VIBE. These meet earlier at 5:30pm to set up. At the end of the evening (from 7pm to 8pm) there is informal time – make use of the youth facilities, Prepare for Duke of Edinburgh Awards, or just chill out.
Do you have deep Questions?
Do you want to have fun?
Do you like Pizza?
Are you year 7+?
Come and chew the fat with us as we explore what it means to know God personally:
- 20 mins – Pizza, Drinks & Chat
- 40 mins – Going Deeper, plus Q&A time
- 30 mins – Games & Activities
Join “rootED”, our Young Christian Discipleship Group for Year 7+
At Church on the Heath, hosted by CotHY Ministry.
Other Activities and Events
We try to do something socially every few months for young people to bring friends along to. Previous activities include film nights, donutting, ice skating and Quizzes.
Also keep an eye on the calendar for upcoming events – this is updated regularly and will take into account last minute changes and cancellations.
Need a chat about faith, life, school or something else? We love meeting up in coffee shops, eating cake and listening to what’s going on in your life. We’re quite friendly, honest! Speak to us at one of the youth groups to arrange a time.
There are 4 fantastic schools workers in our town, who work for Fleet and Crookham Churches Together in Schools. They regularly take assemblies; and help with RE lessons, Christian Unions, school trips and other events. If you see them hanging around your school in their FACCTS polo shirts do say “hello!” More information about FACCTS is available on their Facebook page.
If you’re at Calthorpe Park secondary school, come along to CU:
- Lunch Club – Wednesday Lunchtimes, 12.40 to 1:15 – fun activities; refreshments (packet of crisps, chocolate bar and drink); and a 5 to 10 minute “God Spot”
- Youth Alpha – Thursday Lunchtimes, 12.40 to 1:15 – come along and have interesting conversations about everything including faith with each other. Find out & explore more about what Christians actually believe.